I am always up for finding a deal ( not necessarily a bargain ), but a real, honest
to goodness Good Deal.
Intrigued by the whole online shopping craze I decided to try a New way of shopping
with The Real Real.
So many sites are specializing in :
- Pre-Loved (Which is a fancy way of of saying USED )
- Luxury ( Which usually signifies Designer Labels )
- Items (Which also means anything Designer )
It’s no secret I love Designer gear, what I don’t like is paying Designer prices.
Thats when The Real Real comes in.
( a U.S based online site that specializes in everything Designer and everything Pre-Owned)
Right about now is when my husband begins to shake his head in disbelief!!!
The best choices were available in sizes : 8 - 8 1/2 - 9 1/2.
Just as I was about to give up my quest, the perfect pair of metallic tie ankle platform sandals appeared on the screen in a 5 1/2.
- Search the internet for any additional rebates you can apply to your purchase. ( ex: The Real Real rebate codes) - copy, paste & pray it works.
- When shopping online … calculate your exchange rate correctly to avoid any surprises or source your shoes locally when possible
Haute Classics from Toronto… ( Cheaper Sales taxes in Ontario than Quebec )
- Remember to consider that these items will pass customs, duties and taxes will be calculated based on the declared value. ( Can’t escape death & taxes )
Lastly Louboutins from my recent experience run narrow and small.
If you wear a 6 order a 1/2 size bigger.
Better to be safe than..... SORRY your feet are cramped into really expensive shoes !!
(This is why I never became the accountant my mother dreamed of!! )
So excited to have finally found something within my size range, I hit the BUY NOW button and figured I’d deal with the fit once they arrived.
I applied my 25$ first time buyer credit and found an additional online rebate, and was soon to be the new brand new owner of my first pair of pre-loved Louboutin's.
Now the moment of truth…..Was this going to be my Cinderella moment?… Would they fit? .....I crossed my fingers and my toes as I tied the ankle straps.
Luckily I have magical feet and they fit to perfection !!
Although a 1/2 size bigger would have been ideal.